Today, I wanted to share with you some new ideas for date night. Even though hubs and I have only been together for a year, we’re starting to run out of ideas on what to do! Granted, every date night doesn’t need to be big and extravagant but planning an occasional special night out gives us both something to look forward to!
At the bottom of this post, I shared a link to get a free Date Night printable!! So, make sure to grab that and start planning your next hot date 🙂
Here ya go! Here are some ideas for your next date night, enjoy!
20 Affordable Date Night Ideas
- Take a Segway tour of your city. Or road trip to one nearby! Groupon ALWAYS has deals
- Go pet kitties at the shelter- bonus points of you think of pun names- LEONARDO DICATRIO, anyone? Tupac ShaPURR??
- Go geocaching! Don’t know what that is? There’s a website HERE and an app!
- Visit a local festival. Our city seems to have one every weekend, so there’s a lot to choose from!
- Go Mini golf/putt putt/mini putt. I’m apparently the only person that says ‘mini-putt.’
- Make a picnic and go chow down at the park. When I was younger, my dad would make us get one item from each drive-thru restaurant. 1 entree, 1 side and 1 dessert!
- Recreate your first date! This would be fun to do, especially for an anniversary! Egg and I, here we come!
- Go to a wine/beer tasting. Breweries usually have free tours so if your budget is around $1 you can make it work!
- Go to an improv comedy show. This is one of my favorite things to do. Sometimes they can get too raunchy, so BE warned and cover your ears.
- Attend trivia night. A lot of bars and diners around our city do trivia night. Usually, it’s a range of questions and topics! I specialize in true crime facts if you need a trivia buddy…
- Cook a meal using only the ingredients your partner picks out. IRON CHEF TIME! What will you make with ramen, olives, and a jar of dill pickles?! Whatever it is, I won’t be eating…
- Go roller skating. Break an ankle. Kiss in the roller rink. Whatever you want. (one time, on a date, I pretended to fall so that I could finally hold the dude’s hand… he didn’t like that and skated away and hid in the bathroom for 2 hours. Fun times)
- Attend a free day at a museum. A lot of times, on the first weekend of the month, museums have specials… At least in Denver, they do, ha!
- Go to a video arcade. Obviously, there are places like Dave and Busters but some cities have retro gaming arcades, which are a ton of fun!
- Watch each other’s favorite childhood movie or show and eat your fave childhood snacks! This would be a lot of fun to do, especially if I get to torture him through a Mary-Kate and Ashley or Hilary Duff movie 🙂
- Try a new cuisine or restaurant. Okay, I admit, this one is scary to me. There are so many cuisines that I haven’t tried! Hubs would love this as he is WAY more adventurous in the food scene.
- Game night! Find some fun card games or two player games (patchwork is my FAVE) to play together or invite some friends over for a group date!
- Take dancing lessons. I want to do this and just have to find the right opportunity for it! I will also need to prep hubs for this outing, haha.
- Attending a wine and painting event (or just paint your own pictures). Find an event near you- sometimes Groupon has deals! Or, head to Michael’s and get some canvases, paints and find a picture to paint! Maybe even have a contest to see who can paint it better!
- Host a cookout. This one is a lot of fun especially living in an apartment in Texas! We have a pool and grill right outside our door! We’ve planned a cookout in a couple weeks!
But, we’ve “done it all…”
I know for hubs and me, it is difficult to find something to do on date night because we’ve “done it all” when it comes to seeing the sites in our city. Now, we take turns planning two dates a month. One night I will plan a date (and he won’t complain OR drag his heels) and the other night he will plan a date (and I won’t complain!). We agree that we will do whatever the other person wants as long as it is within our budget is something that isn’t torturous for us (like, going to a wax museum or going to Disney scares the tar out of me… cuz of my obnoxious robot phobia, ha!).
We’ve had some fun excursions with this ‘guideline’ in place! Since I am more of the adventurer and hubs is more of the “relaxer”, we both get the opportunity to plan something we like. I no longer worry if he will like what I have planned and I get to enjoy our excursions together. Hubs has also enjoyed things he never dreamt of doing so it’s been a win/win on the date night front.
Sometimes date night= make out and watch Netflix.
Now, I don’t want you thinking we go on these fun excursions and always have a plan. We don’t. More often than not we hit up our favorite Mexican restaurant, walk around the mall or hit up Top Golf. Date night doesn’t have to be something extravagant every time! The goal is to spend purposeful one on one time together. So don’t put pressure on yourself to plan giant excursions every date night. Hey, watch ‘Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt’, eat peanut butter M&Ms and make out for all I care. Just have fun and enjoy each other’s company!
As a little-added bonus, I created this FREE printable list of activities for date night! Some require planning, but the prices can vary by how much you want to spend! So, cut up the slips, stick them in a jar or bowl and pick something out for date night this week!
So you want to get this list? Sign up here and you’ll receive the direct download!! Yay!
Hope you have a blast planning date nights these next couple months! Give your honey a smooch!